Well this is the hard part, talking about me.
As you have probably heard from other artists, I have always loved art and crafts. My earliest memories are of being taught knitting by my mother, sitting on the floor copying the pictures from my colouring books whilst she sketched, and making beds for my tiny dolls out of match boxes and scraps of fabric. Notice something? My form of art wasn’t just on paper. I have always mixed my media. It has only been recently, though, that mixed media has been accepted as ‘art’ rather than ‘craft’.
My aim was always to be an art teacher but life twisted and turned and travelling around the world in my teenage years put a cog in that wheel, so I ended up going down the IT and accounting roads instead. Art has always been part of my life, though, and hopefully will always be.
I have now reached the stage in my life where my children have spread their wings and I can focus more on my art. I still have my day job and will do so for a while yet, but a daily commute of 2hrs each way (along the glorious Hawkesbury River) and evenings/weekends give me plenty of time to practice and study the arts.
Thank you for checking out my site and I hope that you enjoy it.
- The Space In Between – ATASDA – May 2018: The Palm House, Royal Botanical Gardens, Sydney
- Façade – ATASDA – May 2016: The Palm House, Royal Botanical Gardens, Sydney
Several years ago, I presented works for publications in magazines. This was when I created more traditional designs. I intend to start this again with my more contemporary and original work.
- The Gift of Stitching issue 70 Jan/Feb 2012: Blackwork project
- Embroidery and Cross Stitch Magazine Feb 2012: Artist profile
- Embroidery and Cross Stitch Magazine Feb 2012: Blackwork project
- Embroidery and Cross Stitch Creations: Cross Stitch project
- Creative Embroidery and Cross Stitch – Vol 19 #12: Artist profile
- Inspirational Embroidery and Cross Stitch – Vol 20, #12: Cross Stitch project
- Amazing Cross Stitch and Embroidery – Vol21 #11: Embroidery project
- Embroidery, Cross Stitch and Beyond – Vol 20 #9: Blackwork project
- Australian Craft and Decorating: Glass etching project